It happens sometime when you deserve it, when your parents are annoyed or angry with you, like that one time you totally ignored them without calling them. But rest of the times, they get furious about acts of youngsters like us, that are totally no big deal and you just want to scream C’MON CHILLLLL …
1. When you’re on the phone for long: You really can’t understand what the problem is. It’s not like they need to talk to you or anything. And as soon as the convo ends they are like ‘With whom you were talking so long? , Who was she? , Is she from same college?’ So many questions within fraction of seconds, and You are like:
2.When you drive: Though your dad never uses his indicator signal and your mom speeds all the time, if you accidentally do one wide turn, they won’t let you drive it for, like, a year.
3. When you stay up late night: Your parents have a spidey-sense that tells them when you’re lying awake in your bed-watching a new show on Hotstar. They’ll crack your door open when you least suspect it and catch you in the act. You literally feel like Harry Potter hiding the fact that you’re practicing your magic from Uncle Dursley. But no matter how many times you get caught, you’re going to keep staying up late. Even though you know they’ve got a point when they insist staying up late will make you unproductive at school.
4. When music is played loudly by you: Parents hate you blasting your music in general, but nothing annoys mom and dad when you are with earphones. “You know you’re going to go deaf if you keep listening to your music that loud!” they always shout, and you have to turn your music down to get them off your back.
5. When you throw all your clothes on the chair: Literally you know your mom well. That chair where you throw all your clothes on and say your room is clean? Your parents check to see if you did your cleaning later and they’re like, “What about that chair?” And you’re like, “What chair? Oh, that chair? That doesn’t count.” :p
6. When you go over friend’s house too often: Your parents will start under-appreciating. So they’ll start reminding you that their house isn’t a hotel and you should start spending more time with your books. And yet, they also get angry…
7. When you don’t listen to what they’re saying: Whether it’s a talk about a girl or how to deal with a friend you’re fighting with, your parents’ advice often seems out of touch and it annoys them to no end when you don’t follow it. “I’m twice your age. I think I know what I’m talking about,” they’ll insist. You’re just like:
So Yes ! Your parents are so over the top sometimes and they take things waaaaaay to seriously, but it’s only because they love you. Apart from it, sometimes they do know what they’re talking about, so you have to give them your time every once in a while.