India is known for its youth and culture. While the old generation passes along the culture, the younger generation keeps it alive. And the well preserved culture of Pune is a very good example why it is called the Cultural capital of Maharashtra. If you ask today’s youth, what they want from a city life, these points would probably be in everyone’s list- decent infrastructure, awesome nightlife, less traffic, job opportunities, favorable climate and a proper education structure. Pune is one of those cities that has it all. From traditions and festivals to the roots of the true Marathas, Pune has managed to preserve the culture in a very authentic way. Not just the cultural capital, Pune has also been an education hub and one of the fastest growing cities in India. Here PIKAPOST has got reasons why the Oxford of the East is the perfect youth city as well.
Education, Culture, and Youth.
Pune has an intrinsic connection with literature, art, music and Marathi theater. From job opportunities to cultural roots, Pune checks all the points in any list of a self sustained city.
1) The Oxford of The East – Once entitled as the Oxford of the East, Pune still maintains the decency of the title. There are more than 9 deemed universities and 400 colleges affiliated to Pune University, offering courses in all streams.
2) Jobs and Opportunities- Thousands of expats move to Pune for their work and studies every year. And not just in IT sector, Pune has a lot of fields to offer jobs. It is also the home of hundreds of IT companies like WIPRO, Infosys, Volkswagen, TCS, and Accenture.
4) Literature and Films- Film and Television Insitute of India, located in Pune is considered the best Film institute in India. Also, National Film Archive of India, NFAI, is the biggest film library in India. Hundreds of aspiring filmmakers move to Pune every year to learn the art of filmmaking.
5) The Education Hub- More than twenty thousand students move to Pune for their studies. From schools to college degrees, Pune is one of the best educational hubs in India. People from all over the world come to Pune for the wide variety of courses available in the Universities of Pune.
Entertainment, Travel, and Lifestyle.
The nightlife is not a measure of a city’s growth, but, it definitely defines the youth quotient of a city. With the number of students and job seekers growing in number every year, Pune is definitely becoming one of the best cities for the youth.
6) Events – Pune is one of the only four cities to host the NH7 Weekender every year. It is one of the most talked about events of India. Pune International Film Festival is also very well known. Additionally Puneities enjoy parties and music events every weekend.
7) The Never dying Sporting Spirit- From cricket to Kabbadi, football to Tennis, Pune has a team credit to its name in all major sports. However, the IPL has been dissolved in 2012 but the sporting spirit of Puneities is still on high rise. Pune has also given some big names like Dhanraj Pillai and billiard champion Pankaj Advani. The budding culture in Pune is a good example of the sporting spirit of Puneities.
8) Awesome Nightlife – People who say, Pune does not have a nightlife, should visit Koregaon Park during weekends. Much like any other city, Puneities enjoy going out and having a nice time. Some hot areas being Koregaon park, Camp area, and Nagar road.
9) Transport and Traffic- This is where Pune beats all the major cities. The traffic in is very much in control. The infrastructure of the city is easy to understand and any place can be reached in 20-30 minutes.
From the diversity to youth employment, financial access to economic status, food and nightlife to music and film, fashion and art to sport and gaming, Pune is definitely the city of youths. If you know more reasons, feel free to add in the comments.