Cristiano Ronaldo.. A person who needs no introduction. People know football because of this legend. People are inspired to play football because of his tactics.
Although loved by many, and hated by some others, this is one guy who hasn’t let his critics affect him. Such, that now, he has inspired someone to even make a documentary in his name.
As the trailer for his documentary does the rounds over the internet today, here is something about Ronaldo that people may or may not know, but its worth sharing..
As a kid, Ronaldo was expelled from school at the age of 14 for throwing a chair at the teacher. Reason: The teacher disrespected him! Well, though negative, that made him put his entire focus on soccer.
During the beginning of his career, Liverpool thought Ronaldo wasn’t good enough for their team. Sir Alex Ferguson, on the other hand, decided that he is worthy of being in Manchester United within half time of the match when Sporting Lisbon, his then team, played against United.
For this, he owes it to his friend, Albert Fantrau, who played with him in Lisbon. As he quotes:
“We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When a scout came to see us he said that: ‘Who score’s more goals will come in our academy. We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us”. Albert was one on one against the goalkeeper, he rounded the goalkeeper and I was got that spot and went to the academy. After the match I went to him and asked him why? He said that “you are better than me”!”..
After this, journalists visited Albert’s house to find if it was true. He gave a positive answer. According to him, his career ended as a player after that match and he is unemployed ever since. The journalists were shocked and asked, “then how did you build such a great house, and buy a great car too?”. He calmly and proudly said, “It’s from Ronaldo!”
During the exhibition match, when Sir Alex had decided to sign Ronaldo, a person was appointed to mark Ronaldo during the game. Fortunately, or unfortunately, he had a oxygen mask on his face by the end of the game!
Cristiano Ronaldo played at No.7 for Manchester United, following legends like Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona and David Beckham. Players think twice before taking up that jersey because of its history. But Ronaldo’s confidence made Sir Alex give him the tag of 7!
Ronaldo was a victim of tachycardia, a condition where a persons heart beats faster than a normal person’s heartbeat. It was a common issue, but not for players like him, who runs for an average of 10km per match! And at that time, he played for Sporting CP. He then underwent a laser surgery to be free of that.
He has no tattoos on his body, rare for an athlete of his standard. Reason: he donates blood frequently and he doesn’t want a hindrance of any kind for that.
Due to his father’s death because of alcoholism, Ronaldo never drinks nor smokes. *cheers to this guy*
Some basic stats of Ronaldo:
- When Ronaldo jumps, he generates 5G of G-force on take-off – which is five times the power of a cheetah in full flight. This enables him to reach heights of 44cm in the air from a standing start and 78cm with a run-up – 7cm more than the average NBA player. Now, you can guess how his feet reached the level of Patrice Evra’s head during a match between United and Madrid!
- During a full weight training session, this guy lifted the equivalent of over 16 new Toyota Prius cars, weighing around 23,055kg.
- His free-kicks accelerate four times faster than the Apollo 11 space rocket at blast off.
- The guy is too fast. He defeated a Spanish sprinter, Angel David Rodriguez in a zigzag sprint challenge by half a minute. But, he lost to him in a straight sprint challenge. A narrow defeat.
- Ever seen catwalk models? Those “slim” beauties have a body fat of 14%. Ronaldo has a body fat of 10%. Perfect athlete.
Ronaldo is a father of a child, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., one whose parental details have not been published, a humble request by the player himself. Ronaldo has full custody of that child. Lucky kid!
Kudos to this great player, who doesn’t give a damn of what the world thinks of him. Who went from rags to penultimate riches! Who knows how to live his life. Who is amazingly and incredibly arrogant. And who has the willpower to fulfill every dream he has ever made.PIC COURTESY : ronaldo7.net