There are some things you just don’t ever want to hear come out of your crush’s mouth.
1. “What’s your name?” Like, you knew they didn’t like you or anything, and you’re barely even friends, but you’ve sat next to each other for months, you bond over how ridiculous your teacher’s assignments are all the time, and you’ve lent them so many pencils and pieces of gum. And they didn’t even know your name the whole time?! UNACCEPTABLE. (-_-)
2. “I need to find someone like you.” What do they even mean, they need to find someone like you? Someone like you is right in front of their face.But it’s not YOU!
3. “I only see you as a friend.” This usually comes right after they’ve done something that made your heart skip a beat and makes you think there’s no way he/she doesn’t feel the same way as you— like say, you look nice or remember something really obscure and random you told them a long time ago. It gives you the guts to finally tell him or her how you feel… and then they smack you in the face with this line. Excuse me. I’m going to go cry in that corner over there. Come get me when you return my feelings, please.
4. “You’re great, but I already have a girlfriend/boyfriend.” WHAT? Their relationship status on Facebook definitely does NOT reflect this information. So, either they’re lying to you to let you down easy, or they’re not. There’s nothing to do in this situation other than to run away and pretend you admitting your feelings to someone who’s already taken never, ever happened. Oh, and go stalk your crush’s Facebook and obsess over who it is that’s stolen YOUR crush right out from under you. 🙁
5. “Who’s your friend?” This is what they say to you conspiratorially when you bring a new friend around and you can tell they’re asking because they think she’s cute. You want to tell them to stop finding your new friend hot — you’ve been right in front of them ALL ALONG.
6. “He’s/She’s like my brother/ sister.” You’re like what? There’s no. way. they just said you’re like their sister/brother infront of everyone. You imagine romantic walks on the beach and kissing them under the stars, and they see you as their — Nope. You can’t bare to finish that sentence even. 🙁
7. Nothing. This is what usually comes right after you’ve revealed your feelings to your crush, only to be rejected and smacked. Then they get really awkward around you and start treating you different even though they promised nothing would change. This is exactly why people aren’t honest about their feelings.