Marathi cinema will scale to the new heights of glory, thanks to the actors like Nana Patekar and Vikram Gokhale
Pikapost brings you reasons why you need to watch this movie right away.
- Adaptation of noted Marathi playwright Kusumagraj’s iconic Marathi play “Natsamrat”
The film is based on the iconic Marathi Play penned down by VV Shirwadkar “Natsamrat” which was first staged in 1970. The film also features Vikram Gokhale, Medha Manjrekar, Mrunmayee Deshpande, Sunil Barve, Neha Pendse and Ajit Parab in supporting roles. Shirwadkar’s work doesn’t need introduction for the older generation, some of whom might’ve had the privilege of watching the original play, but for others, here’s what ‘Natsamrat’ is.
- Nana Patekar at his best
The entire crew has been working on Natsamrat, a landmark Marathi play by Kusumagraj, for nearly two years. “I was in my early 20s when I saw Dr Sriram Lagoo act in a stage production of Natsamrat for the first time. I kept coming back to watch that play; I must have watched Dr Lagoo’s performance at least 25 times.”, says the lead actor Nana Patekar. The way Nana’s lived the role on the reel, though, has set a new gold standard not only for this part ,what Dr Shreeram Lagoo did for the play but even in stepping into the skin of the character on screen.
- Mahesh Manjrekar’s direction
After directing the sensible Marathi films like “Matichya Chuli”,”Kaksparsh”, ”Kutumb”, ”Me ShivajiRaje Bhosale Boltoy”, “Lalbaugh Paral: Zali Mumbai Sonyachi”, “De Dhakka”mahesh Manjrekar is back with a bang.
- Heart touching dialogues that will bring tears in your eyes
– To be or not to be, that is the question. Jagava ki marava, ha ekach sawaal aahe.
– Pratishtha mhanje ek bhaakad oza. Kadhi yogyata nastana milta. Kadhi chook nastana nighun jaata.
– Kuni ghar deta ka? Ghar? Eka toofanala kuni ghar deta ka? Ek toofan bhinti vaachun, chhapra vaachun, manasachya maye vachun, devacha daye vachun, dongra-dongrat hindta aahe. Jithun kuni uthavnar naahin ashi jaga dhoondta aahe. Kuni ghar deta ka re? Ghar?
– Vidhata, tu itka kathor ka zalas? Eka bajula jyanna aamhi jamna dila tya aahmala visartaat. Aani dusrya bajula jyani aahmala janma dila toh tu hi aahmala visarto. Mag viskatlelya hadanche he saapde gheune karuna kara, aahmi therdyani kunacha payavar doka aadhlaycha re?
– Sur mhanto saath de. Diva mhanto vaat de. Unhamadhlya mhataryala fakta tuza haath de.
– Door vha! Door vha, sagla nirarthak aahe. Jo aaplya jaagi thaam pane ubha aahe toh mee aahe. Julius Caesar. Mee aahe Prataprao. Mee Othello. Sudhakar aani Hamlet aani Ganpat Ramchandra Belvalkar, Natsamrat.
- Overwhelming review and response